- Planning and Organizing - establishes an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
- Building Customer Loyalty - meets and exceeds internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Communication -conveys information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listens actively to others.
- Building Partnerships - develops and leverages relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
- Initiating Action - takes prompt action to accomplish work goals; takes action to achieve results beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Work Standards - sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and
accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Earning Trust -gains others' confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treats others and their ideas with respect and supports them in the face of challenges.
- Decision Making - identifies and understands problems and opportunities by gathering, analysing, and
interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; chooses the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generates and evaluates alternatives, and makes timely decisions; takes action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Adaptability - maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or
environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusts effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- influencing - uses effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
- Innovation - creates novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); experiments with new ways to solve work problems and seizes opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - has achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverages expert knowledge to accomplish results.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Updates knowledge on related regulatory requirements, ensures adherence and compliance with local regulations and internal procedures.
- Executes all start-up activities prior to site activation on assigned studies, according to standards and aligned with study/project requirements and timelines.
- Prepares country level Informed Consent Form (ICF) and obtains ethics committees' and local regulatory authorities' approval. Prepares ongoing submissions, amendments and periodic notifications required by ethics committees and regulatory authorities as needed within the country.
- Maintains and analyses study start-up data (metrics) on assigned studies, ensuring optimal efficiency to reduce start-up timelines and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Partners with Clinical Study Managers (CSMs) and Clinical Study Specialists (CSSs) to provide guidance on regulatory/ethics requirements, to track and drive site activations and trial amendments submissions, by regularly reviewing and monitoring status of submissions/activations.
- Supports drug label preparation and approval (as local label representative) for studies in collaboration with local Regulatory/Quality department, as required.
- Liaises and collaborates with relevant authorities/bodies to further enhance clinical trial process, government policies/ laws, via innovative approaches
- Submits, according to local regulatory requirements, all Suspected Unexpected Serious Adverse Reactions (SUSARs), Six Monthly SUSAR Reports (SSRs) and Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs).
- In collaboration with CSMs, identifies and tracks new investigator sites performing feasibility, as applicable, and develops and supports effective patient recruitment and retention practices, as required.
- Responsible for study budget and contracts negotiation in collaboration with Contracts Manager/Associate, as required and ensures compliance with Fair Market Value (FMV) in the country.
University Degree or equivalent, in a medical/science-related field. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of clinical trials and experience in managing projects. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of International Council for Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Good Clinical Practices (ICH-GCP), as well as understanding of the regulatory, ethics and contractual requirements for starting clinical trials in the UK. Previous UK clinical project management experience preferred.
Back To Jobs